The Pool Plant Operations Program is an open learning (Correspondence) course with flexible commencement.
The course process combines self paced theory study with a supervised practical recorded on an "Accumulative Training Record" culminating in an "on the job" competency assessment.
The Pool Plant Operator course will provide the student with skills and knowledge required to perform routine checks and complete minor maintenance on aquatic facility plant and equipment including the maintenance of water quality.
Upon successful completion, the student will receive a Statement of Attainment certificate.
Units of Competency
- SISCAQU001 Test Pool Water Quality
- SISCAQU003 Maintain Aquatic Facility Plant and Equipment
- SISCAQU004 Develop and Implement Pool Water Maintenance Procedures
- BSBRSK401 Identify Risk and Apply Risk Management Processes
- Pool Tests
- Responding to Contamination Incidents
- Record Keeping
- Chemical Balance of Pool Water
- Operation of Aquatic Facility Plant & Equipment
- Conducting Tests on Aquatic Facility Plant & Equipment
- Identifying Faults and Initiating Corrective Procedures
- Adjust Disinfectant Levels & Water Balance
The Statement of Attainment with the competencies listed above will be issued within 28 days of satisfactory completion of the course.
Students have up to 12 months to complete this course but may be accredited sooner should they have completed and submitted all course requirements.